Web DeveloperHindSite Interactive, Inc.
Development InternNational MS Society Southern California & Nevada Chapter
Intern for Music Program in the HamptonsHamptons Music Sessions
Economic Development InternEast Boston Main Streets
Event Planning Fall Intern (September-December 2014)Barakat Inc.
Donor Development InternBookmark This
Shriners Hospitals for Children
51 Blossom Street
DescriptionThis position as a Donor Development Intern will give you the opportunity to work within a fundraising department at one of the world’s premier pediatric specialty hospitals. Shriners Hospital for Children®-Boston is a leader in acute burn care, reconstructive services and other pediatric specialty healthcare needs provided within a compassionate, family-centered and collaborative care environment. The mission is carried out regardless of a patients or family’s ability to pay.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A CAREER IN FUNDRAISING.
ResponsibilitiesThe Development Intern will assist with fundraising program, specifically:
- Working with community leaders
- Board and Committee involvement
- Event planning and execution
- Follow-up with donors via letter and phone
- Identifying prospective donors: individuals, corporations & foundations
- Assisting in preparing quarterly Donor Newsletter
- Manage grant application calendar
- Group tours of facility
- Volunteer recruitment
Requirements- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential
- Familiarity with database management
- Excellent internet research skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access computer programs preferred
- Knowledge of Photoshop and In Design a plus
- Comfortable speaking with donors over the phone and over email