Drupal Web DevelopmentBookmark This
Saint Columba Press
553 Bonair Street
La Jolla, CA
DescriptionHands-on experience in the open-source content management software ‘Drupal’ for a small publishing company and new media startup. We will support you in learning how to develop dynamic websites using the PHP-based framework (ex. Whitehouse.gov).
Saint Columba Press is a small publishing company for authors of memoir, including writing and editing consultation. The next step in the business model is the creation of an online platform for the sharing of these personal stories. Learn more at www.SaintColumbaPress.com.
Responsibilities• Supporting Founder in the strategic planning and application for end-users of the site
• Drawing wireframes
• Theming and Graphic Design
• Utilizing the multi-faceted module Views to formulate a user-friendly reading experience
• Using SEO concepts to create a system of connecting users to stories of interest
• Investigation and analysis of features that will emulate the Big Picture
• Supporting a feedback model for development
• Manage and update database and modules
• Possible attendance at San Diego Drupal Meetups
Requirements• Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS required; prior experience with PHP is a plus
• Ability to understand sophisticated coding techniques
• Must have transportation and be able to work on location; some remote hours okay
Candidates must possess both leadership and the ability to take direction due to the infancy and growth stage of this new endeavor. This is a start-up business, so knowledge of how to maximize technology to bring a product to the customer is a major plus!
This is a non-paid internship. Applicants must be pursuing a college degree and be seeking school credit. Preference is given to applicants with at least a 3.0 GPA. Previous experience in a technology environment/internship and involvement with related student organizations is preferred. Applicants must also have the permanent legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.