Event and Volunteer Relations InternBookmark This
The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
One South Broad Street
DescriptionThe Philadelphia Orchestra Association is seeking a bright, motivated and outgoing person for an internship opportunity in our Marketing department. The POA values all of our interns and we will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. Our interns should be ready and eager to learn new skills and bring with them maturity, discretion and flexibility.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of acclaimed performances, historic international tours, best-selling recordings, and its unprecedented record of innovation in recording technologies and outreach. Renowned for its distinctive sound, desired for its keen ability to capture the hearts and imaginations of audiences, and admired for an unrivaled legacy of “firsts” in music-making, The Philadelphia Orchestra remains one of the preeminent orchestras in the world.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will learn:
• The basics of planning, management, and execution of fundraising and cultivation events.
What you will do:
• Assist with online fundraising opportunities.
• Assist with the preparation of donor acknowledgement letters, correspondence, proposals, reports, and other communications.
• Prepare meeting materials.
• Attend volunteer events.
• Assist with updating/changing donor records in Tessitura.
• Provide administrative support as needed—such as filing, scanning, etc.
RequirementsWhat we require:
1. Completion of a minimum of 2 to 3 years of college, pursuing a related BA/BS degree with a GPA of 3.0 or
2. Good communication skills, highly organized, detail-focused, and customer service oriented.
3. Ability to work with highly confidential information.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet research with a strong ability to learn and grasp new computer
5. Able to commit to approximately 24 hours per week of time with availability some evenings and weekends
for concert and/or event duty.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Or mail to: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association; Attn: Human Resources; One South Broad Street, 14th Floor;
Philadelphia, PA 19107