Web DeveloperHindSite Interactive, Inc.
Development InternNational MS Society Southern California & Nevada Chapter
Intern for Music Program in the HamptonsHamptons Music Sessions
Economic Development InternEast Boston Main Streets
Event Planning Fall Intern (September-December 2014)Barakat Inc.
Fall 2013 Product Development InternshipBookmark This
55 West Ames Court
DescriptionEyeking LLC, a leading sunglass manufacturer, marketing, merchandiser, designer and distributor, is looking for a qualified & reliable intern to join the Product Development department.
The intern should be prepared to work in deadline focused team environment and will finish the internship having gained a broad experience in various aspects of merchandising. Throughout the semester you’ll gain knowledge and insight into the production cycle on 4 branded product lines. Working as an integral member of the Eyeking product team, you’ll learn the product development process, and hone your presentation skills, communication skills, time management and business etiquette. You will gain exposure and communicate with overseas offices as well as the global vendor community and merchant partners to develop strategy for sourcing Private Brands.
• Track and monitor the product development process
• Learn techniques of competitive shopping to gain awareness of trends
• Assist with marketing to identify new packaging, brands/labels and catalog needs
• Interact with subject matter experts to discover the multitude of
career opportunities available in Eyeking Private Brands
• Enhance your understanding of coordination between functional areas to
deliver the best business results
• Undergraduate student in the Long Island area who is majoring in
Merchandising, Product Development, and/or Business Administration
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to promote teamwork, solve problems and manage complex relationships
• Proficiency on PCs and with Microsoft Office; excellent Excel skills critical
• Experience in Retail; Sales, Management or Buying exposure a plus