Front-End Engineer InternBookmark This
10 Jay St, Ste 206
DescriptionA versatile web and product developer and a functionalist with good taste, who is hungry and ready to take on a challenge.
As a frontend web development intern, you can expect to learn about:
• Producing beautiful, valid and squeaky-clean XHTML markup for a range of onlineapplications and websites.
• How to create pixel-perfect, cross-browser/platform/device CSS that match the web application’s designs.
• Assisting the development of modular classes in stylesheets and constructing reusable XHTML and CSS.
• Following and maintaining our XHTML/CSS development guidelines and standards compliancy as well as laying out additional pages based off designs and IA.
• Work closely with both the frontend and backend development teams on projects, as well as interacting with UI/UX designers and developers.
• Develop kick-ass email templates that are cross-client/platform/device compatible.
RequirementsWe do need you to have:
• Unwavering attention to detail and excellent organization skills—this will be key to learning and growing in our fast–paced fun environment.
• Some basic knowledge of the most recent practices in front end web development techniques, including XHTML & CSS.
• Good or basic knowledge in using the Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Fireworks, Freehand.
• Good or basic knowledge of using cool web dev apps: Coda, Espresso, Forklift
• Some understanding of usability and accessibility guidelines.
• Some experience in current web technologies and understanding differences and limitations with such technologies.
• Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 is a big plus (also a plus if youre interested to learn).