Development Intern - Musical Theatre FactoryMusical Theatre Factory
Zappos Mobile Front End Development College Intern - Summer 2015Zappos.com, Inc.
Zappos Mobile Back End Development College Intern - Summer 2015Zappos.com, Inc.
Zappos iOS Development College Intern - Summer 2015Zappos.com, Inc.
Zappos Front End Development College Intern - Summer 2015Zappos.com, Inc.
Fundraising Associate InternBookmark This
Asante Africa Foundation
337 17th St. Suite 217
DescriptionAsante Africa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes quality educational access and leadership development for children in East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania). Asante Africa Foundation believes in the power of knowledge as a catalyst to help young people create a future where they live their dreams. We achieve this vision through partnering with local families, educators and community members to create safe and healthy learning environments, strengthen teacher quality, enhance learning in the classrooms, provide merit-based scholarships, and leadership development. To learn more about Asante Africa Foundation please visit www.asanteafrica.org
Asante Africa Foundation is seeking a dynamic, passionate Fundraising Associate Intern to join our Development team. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to fundraising and communications for an international nonprofit that is "on the move". The volunteer should have a background and/or interest in fundraising, marketing/communications, events, social change communications, and/or international development. Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the responsibilities include but are not limited to: researching donor prospects and fundraising opportunities, organizing fundraising events, researching grant opportunities, writing project proposals, engaging with donors, authoring donor communications.
• Directly impact Asante Africa Foundation's efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa and learn about successful international development programs
• Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run by majority volunteers
• Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization and receive professional training
• Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
Opportunity to work from the comfort of you
• Experience in/desire to learn about fundraising or event organizing
• Great personal initiative and independence, a 'can-do' attitude is key
• Capacity to proactively manage small fundraising projects and tasks
• Creativity and ability to work as a team
• Goal-oriented and good at setting priorities
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is preferred
• Ideal candidates will have excellent organizational and communication skills
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also:
• Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a growing nonprofit
• Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
• Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
• Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction
• Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment