Fundraising and DevelopmentBookmark This
Oxford Community Center
200 Oxford Road / P.O. Box 308
DescriptionOxford Community Center, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides a variety of social, cultural and educational programs and services for youth and adults on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. The development office is seeking an intern to support our events, fundraising and outreach efforts. This position will cover many facets of non-profit development, including fundraising, special events, research, database management, solicitation, and general non-profit operations.
This intern should be prepared to work in a collaborative environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in fundraising and development for the nonprofit sector.
Responsibilities• Help with event logistics; contacting vendors, organizing set up, providing onsite support
• Research grants
• Contact donors
• Greet visitors and program attendees as a relationship-building activity
• Assist with volunteer recruitment and engagement
• Provide maintenance of records
• Assist with solicitation mailings
• Provide cost benefit analysis
• Create reports for Board of Trustees Meetings