Fundraising and Development InternshipBookmark This
International Rescue Committee
2305 Parklake Drive, Suite 100
DescriptionBACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC in Atlanta office was established in 1979 and has resettled over 21,000 refugees from nearly 50 countries into the Greater Atlanta area. As the largest refugee resettlement agency in Georgia, the IRC in Atlanta resettles an average of 800 refugees into Georgia annually and provides additional services and assistance to another 1,500 refugees and asylees.
The Resource Development Department works to increase the financial, in-kind and human resources available to IRC to support refugees in greater Atlanta, and promotes community outreach and advocacy activities to increase awareness of refugee issues and of IRC services. The Fundraising and Development intern works with the Resource Development Manager in the development of financial donations, outreach, donor and vendor communications, building community partnerships and more.
Responsibilities• • Researching new government, corporate and foundation funding opportunities
• Soliciting, planning, and conducting activities related to increasing community awareness about refugee issues, and IRC Atlanta including speaking engagements for community groups, students, and other organizations.
• Assisting with fundraising event coordination and logistics
• Assisting the Resource Development Manager to maintain donor relations and cultivate new donors
• Assisting with creating the monthly newsletter.
• Attending and participating in Resource Development team meetings
For more information or to apply, please contact Jessica Seales, Volunteer Coordinator, at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928. To learn more about us, please visit the IRC website at www.Rescue.org/Atlanta
Requirements• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Strong computer skills, particularly MS Office suite and databases
• Flexibility and an ability to work independently and think strategically
• Interest in fundraising and in working with refugees
• Comfort with working in a cross-cultural environment