Web Developer InternTransformative Internship Opportunities
Marketing and Development InternshipDays End Farm Horse Rescue
Development/Grantwriting InternshipNew England Aquarium
Development InternEnvironmental Film Festival in the Nation's Capital
Business Database InternshipJulie Braun Design
Game Design InternshipBookmark This
8536 National Blvd
Culver City, CA
DescriptionThe primary function of the game design department is to architect and implement the content and rules/mechanics of the various games under Fuel Youth/Fuel Entertainment.
Responsibilities• Design, write, and integrate content for our various properties, such as Happy Studio and Spark City World
• Play various games and give feedback from a design point of view (not from a QA point of view) – analyzing and suggesting how to enhance gameplay, fun, mechanics, economy, points distribution, time involved, multiplayer ease, instructions, and tutorial ease
• Use analytics sources for data gathering and interpreting
• Research and pitch potential games, features, and mechanics by prototyping ideas, playing competitor games, and assessing analytics
• Brainstorm, compile, and give feedback on various upcoming game features, game design docs, quests, tools, systems design, etc.
• Other various projects based on the intern’s strengths and interests
RequirementsThis is a non-paid program. To be eligible students must be enrolled in a credited internship course for the semester of the internship, and must present proof of that course credit for semester of your internship. Students must be 18 years of age or older, in college (freshman or above), and be available to intern 16-30 hours per week. Internships listed above are based in Culver City, California.
• Strong communication skills are a must
• Candidates should be avid gamers with some knowledge of mobile, online, casual, social, and virtual world games
• An understanding of Fuel and its brands, with enthusiasm for children’s entertainment
• Basic computer skills (PC, Mac, MS Office Suite)
• Advanced computer knowledge (Excel, Visio, Photoshop, HTML 5, Unity) a bonus
• A desire to learn and a sense of humor!
• Portfolios (whether game, creative writing, or other) welcome, but not required