Sustainable Development InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Communication and Development AssistantPhysicians for Social Responsiblity
Fundraising InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Art Gallery / Program Development Internship (Spring/Summer 2014)Alfa Art Gallery
Business Development / Communications for book tourIActive
Grant Research and Writing InternBookmark This
Capital District Community Gardens
40 River St.
DescriptionAbout Capital District Community Gardens
For more than 35 years, Capital District Community Gardens (CDCG) has worked to reduce the impact poor nutrition has had on public health in the Capital Region by organizing urban community gardens, offering healthy food access, providing nutritional and horticultural education for all ages, and coordinating urban greening programs.
The Grant Research and Writing Intern will gain valuable hands-on experience in all aspects of non-profit grant work. The intern will assist the organization’s grant writer with the following:
• Research important demographic and health data used in grant writing
• Research grant opportunities
• Assist with updating the organization’s grant-tracking records
• Assist with grant writing
The ideal candidate would be available between 5 and 8 hours per week.
• Advanced standing undergraduate or graduate level student in public policy, public administration, grants development, or other related area of study
• Flexibility and independence are critical
• Commitment to the mission of Capital District Community Gardens