IT Development InternBookmark This
Mass Challenge 1 Marina Park Drive
DescriptionWomenLEAD, Inc, is a MassChallenge finalist. and a SAAS company.
WomenLEAD is an innovative online platform designed to accelerate women’s advancement as leaders. It combines the power of the social network with tools for advancement. Since one mentor may not provide you with everything you need, when you need it; WomenLEAD enables women to create a personal group of advisors; who know their strengths, challenges, and aspirations; bringing their collective wisdom to bear on issues of concern.
52% of all women in STEM leave their careers mid career. This is true for other industries as well.
HBR study concludes: Lack of role models, mentors, unclear career paths and unsupportive work environments.
WomenLead offers an online personal advisory board platform designed to advance women as leaders. Research shows that in this digital world 1-1 mentoring is not effective since one person may not have what you need when you need it.
It costs companies 100K to replace mid-level employee. Retention of women is a big problem for companies today.
WomenLEAD will increase a companies retention of its women and attract talented women. It will dev women as leaders .
Our focus in B2B .
WomenLEAD is an innovative online web and mobile platform designed to accelerate women’s advancement by:
• Offering access to a personal group of advisers who know their strengths, challenges, and aspirations.
• Developing new perspectives through a rich library of training videos and reference material.
• Participating in communities organized around industry, job function, and special areas of concern.
These interns will have a critical position in building the website and testing it with customers. Once we are funded it will turn into a paid position.
Responsibilities- Work on the algorithm and develop website
- Work with the team to design of the website
- Contribute in improving functionality and profitability for computer systems
- Follow lean start up principles agile and have daily stand ups and managed the process and progress of the build using agile. ( we can train you on this).
Requirements-Have IT development competency in the following:
Here's the draft list of some of technologies we think we'll be using:
Ruby on Rails
BDD with Cucumber
AWS (managed with AWS OpsWorks)
Phusion Passenger (don't know which web server)
We're looking for students who are interested in internships or recent graduates who might be interested in working with us, once we are funded we will pay salaries ( next 6 months)
They could join us in our workspace at the MassChallenge and participate in the programs the MassChallenge offers.
- Understand how computers and software can increase efficiency
- Possess skills in analyzing, formulating, trouble-shooting, and synthesizing
We ask that this is full time internship for the summer and can turn into part time in the fall.