Virtual Web Development InternshipBookmark This
DescriptionVirtual Internship Opportunity for International Students: Part-Time virtual position with possibility of on-site 3-month stay in Denver, CO after graduation or during summer. Excellent spoken English is required. Our recent intern from Ukraine is finishing his 3-month onsite internship this month.
Ariete Consulting is a privately owned Denver-based marketing and technology firm. Focusing on the needs of small and medium sized businesses, as well as churches and non-profits, our team helps customers build traction and grow their businesses.
Payment to be negotiated based on intention, location, experience, fit and commitment.
Responsibilities- Setup & Design of website(s)
- Graphic Design breakout (learn how to take a site from PSD to HTML/CSS inside the CMS framework)
- Learn framework of JoyaCMS and support customer projects as needed
- Support content entry for company sites
- Learn the ins and outs of Search Engine Optimized site design
RequirementsIf you have not taught yourself how to write HTML & CSS, please do not apply. There are free resources for learning almost every language and technology online - use them! We teach those who begin by teaching themselves!
- Must be able to write HTML and CSS - using text editor
- Must be familiar with front-end design for websites and web applications
- Must be familiar with Photoshop or some other graphics program (graphic design)
- Must be comfortable learning new technologies, tools, applications, etc.
- Should understand CMS frameworks (conceptually)
- Prefer familiarity with jQuery and jQuery UI
- Prefer familiarity with document databases (like Mongo)