Economic Development InternEast Boston Main Streets
Event Planning Fall Intern (September-December 2014)Barakat Inc.
Resource Development and Donor Management Fall Intern (September-December 2014)Barakat Inc.
San Jose Jazz Events, Sponsorship & Corporate Engagement Internship Summer Fest 2014San Jose Jazz
Join the Fundraising Team at the SF Playhouse this Summer!Bookmark This
The San Francisco Playhouse
450 Post Street
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionOverview: Join the San Francisco Playhouse, San Francisco’s fastest-growing theatre company! We are located in a new 199-seat venue in the heart of San Francisco’s Theatre, District, one block from Union Square. In addition to our Mainstage Season, which produces six shows over 46 weeks, we actively engage in the community through our Rising Stars education program and support young professionals in the industry through our Sandbox series of world premieres.
Description: Become a member of the San Francisco Playhouse Fundraising Team! This position if a great opportunity for students interested in a career in arts administration or nonprofit fundraising. Do you have a sales-oriented personality with keen creative thinking skills? This position is for you!
You Will Learn:
• How to Research Corporate, Foundation and Individual Donor Prospects
• Online Database Management
• Improve your Microsoft Office Excel and Word Skills
• The Life of a Donation – from Receipt to Acknowledgement
• Patron Development – ranging from “Persons of Note” Tracking to Face Time
• Special Event Planning and Coordination
• Shadow Grant-Writing
• Brainstorm Subscription and Ticket Possibilities
• Proper Maintenance of Donor and Fundraising Records
RequirementsWhat We Expect:
• Commitment to a Regular Schedule – minimum two days a week, plus donor table shifts
• Commitment to Attend and Assist with Special Events – i.e. Opening Night, Director’s Dinners, Final Dress Rehearsals, and other events as they arise.
• A Charismatic Personality, comfortable talking with patrons in person or over the phone.
• Good Writing Skills and Computer Competence Required.
• Flexibility with Changing Priorities and Demands
• Ability to Multi-Task
• A Can-Do Atitude!