Economic Development InternEast Boston Main Streets
Event Planning Fall Intern (September-December 2014)Barakat Inc.
Resource Development and Donor Management Fall Intern (September-December 2014)Barakat Inc.
San Jose Jazz Events, Sponsorship & Corporate Engagement Internship Summer Fest 2014San Jose Jazz
Lead Fundraiser/GrantwriterBookmark This
Massachuetts Survivors Unite
DescriptionMassachusetts Survivors Outreach (MASO) is a grassroots organization that provides holistic health and healing services for survivors of interpersonal violence, including domestic abuse, child abuse, sexual abuse, and bullying.
Grant Writing / Fundraising Interns will be directly responsible for raising funds and securing 501(c)(3) status for a start-up organization. THIS POSITION COULD LEAD TO A PERMANENT POSITION.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will be expected to:
• Fill out grant and 501(3)(c) certification applications
• Solicit corporate and private sponsors for the organization as a base for funding
• Assist in establishing M.A.S.O. as a non-profit start-up organization.
• Coordinate and create strategies for fundraising efforts on behalf of the organization.
Requirements• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Grant Writing, or be currently enrolled in Grant Writing Program
• Must have fundraising and/or grant writing experience
• Be organized, methodical, and efficient
• Able to coordinate with others as well as be able to work independently
• Computer and research skills a must
• Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences
• Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination and leadership
• Understand cost-reduction principles and how to implement goals
• Possess skills at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategy
• Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization
• Be flexible
• Passionate about the work you do and about helping the victims we serve
• Compassion and understanding when working with trauma victims
• Confidentiality a MUST
•MUST BE A LEADER