Program and Development InternBookmark This
1653 Brintons Bridge Rd.
Chadds Ford, PA
DescriptionMake a difference!
1) A student or a recent graduate undergoing supervised practical training (www.thefreedictionary.com).
2) People who do the menial tasks no one else wants to do, i.e. shredding paper, making the coffee, filing, etc. Time usually spent dreaming of what they could be doing instead.
3) An integral team player who makes a difference by contributing substantially to the work of an organization while also having an opportunity to learn and have fun!
Operation Warm is looking for a team of interns to contribute substantially to their mission of providing new coats for children who need them.
What you can expect to get out of it:
• Great experience in a great non-profit organization
• A specialized training program that shows you the nuts and bolts of running a non-profit
• Luncheons with key leaders in our organization so that you can glean from the diverse life stories and significant work histories of our leadership team
• Future job references (glowing references for those high achievers out there)
• A letter of recommendation from a supervisor
• Career guidance including help revamping your resume with your OW work history
• A network to build on as you seek to move into the workforce
Program and Development Intern
2012-2013 Summer, Fall, Spring or Academic-Year Internship Program
As the Program and Development Intern you will help to support the ongoing development of programs and fundraising at Operation Warm.
• Work on a variety of projects related to programming and fundraising development
• Participate in outreach to potential corporate and philanthropic partners for Operation Warm
• Conduct and manage research projects as requested
• Communicate with various parties (internally and with external vendors) for meetings/process to keep projects moving forward and deliverables on task
• Assist with writing of communication updates for partners and key stakeholders
• Maintenance of project calendars
• Assist with other projects as needed
• Engage regularly in our online social networking platforms
• Keep and update a detailed log of procedures
• Current college student or recent college graduate
• Ability to plan, organize, and execute events
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding follow through skills
• Strong relational and analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
• Proficient in Word/Excel
• Effectively manages time and responsibilities
• Able to work effectively both independently and part of a dynamic team
Any interested applicants must send their Resume and Cover Letter to Paul Daigle at firstname.lastname@example.org