Development Intern - Musical Theatre FactoryMusical Theatre Factory
Zappos Mobile Front End Development College Intern - Summer 2015Zappos.com, Inc.
Zappos Mobile Back End Development College Intern - Summer 2015Zappos.com, Inc.
Zappos iOS Development College Intern - Summer 2015Zappos.com, Inc.
Zappos Front End Development College Intern - Summer 2015Zappos.com, Inc.
Project VolunteerBookmark This
Front Porch Center for Technology Innovation and Wellbeing
3000 Leeward Ave
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionPosition Background and Description
The Front Porch Center for Innovation and Wellbeing (FPCIW) explores the innovative uses of technology to empower individuals to live well, especially in their later years. FPCIW works collaboratively with all stakeholders and in partnership with funding sources, researchers and technology partners. The Resident Project Volunteer will support and implement activities for the Model eHealth Community for Aging (MeHCA), and will report to the FPCTIW director.
The Model eHealth Community for Aging project (MeHCA) focuses on deploying health-related, technology-based activities for a diverse population of senior and disabled residents of the Los Angeles Koreatown neighborhood. The volunteer will provide training, coordination, and support at two affordable housing communities to ensure the goals of the MeHCA project are met to support the transition to technology-enabled healthcare among seniors, the disabled, and project partners.
a. Promote resident participation in project-related activities that will include designing and posting flyers, speaking with residents, and ensuring activity attendance.
b. Provide as-needed written and verbal translation services.
c. Nurture the development of community leaders to support project activities.
a. Provide technical assistance in connecting the site to workshop presentations.
b. Research and provide health-based resources on the Internet for English and Korean learners.
a. Participate in bi-weekly team calls.
b. Distribute, collect, and enter data from surveys following each activity.
c. Document activities and events through photos, notes, and other observations.
Time Commitment and Pay
This is an unpaid, part-time volunteer position for 3-5 hours/week once a week during regular workday hours, as agreed upon between the volunteer and the FPCTIW director.
Must have a minimum 6 month commitment!
Must be available at the hours of 8 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday. There's also an occasional Friday and Saturday depending on the events.
RequirementsSkills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills; ability to verbally express ideas assertively, clearly.
• Ability to teach technology to community members and colleagues with diverse backgrounds and technology proficiency.
• Ability to develop strategic direction and also parcel objectives into short-term tasks.
• Excellent organizational skills to determine workload priorities to enable timely completion of tasks; ability to work effectively and independently under pressure with a minimum of direction.
• Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with others to secure necessary information and cooperation from a variety of people.
• Korean/English bi-lingual skills helpful.