Server Development InternBookmark This
Pedal Power NYC
232 3rd Street
DescriptionLooking for a unique opportunity to work with an arts & tech company in NYC? Want to join a crew of individuals who are solving challenging problems related to the development of original technology, and contributing to a narrative whose messages are focused on renewable energy, clean water, and delivered through the medium of music?
We're working on a multi-faceted project that requires rock-solid, high-volume data-handling capability. In short, we've got a bunch of custom bikes generating enough electricity to stage large concerts and studio recordings. By producing inspiring events and assets to raise awareness of sustainability issues, we hope to continue drawing other creatives into the conversation along with us.
On top of this, we're building out an ecosystem of data-driven applications:
- real-time monitoring software that keeps our staff totally in the loop over the course of an event
- sensor data analysis tools for debugging and efficiency profiling
- visualizations and apps to augment the show experience for riders and the audience
- internal tools for documenting how exactly our system is designed and built
ResponsibilitiesThere's a lot to work on, and we're tackling things in manageable, well-defined chunks while the bigger picture evolves in the background. You'll be working with a flexible schedule both on your own and in our workspace at the The Old American Can Factory in Gowanus, Brooklyn. You'll get real-world experienced and work closely with our engineers and designers.
You'll be helping us design and implement high-performance systems for logging and streaming sensor data and also tracking our ever-growing inventory of design documents, parts, and components.
RequirementsAn ideal candidate would have:
- a love of data, scale, and speed
- experience with modern web frameworks
- understanding of server deployment and backup techniques
- hunger to learn and try new things!