Small Business Development AdvisorBookmark This
Business Resource Group
13545 Hawthorne Blvd
DescriptionCompany Profile: Business Resource Group is an economic development non-profit specializing in small business development and capital access. We offer education and training, one-on-one consulting, and business finance assistance which helps to stimulate small business development and job creation. BRG was established in 2001, and gain national recognition for its Technical Assistance Services Model and the impact of our Credit Intermediary Services under the SBA Community Express Program.
BRG provides the following services to its consumers:
• Management Consulting & Business Advisory Services
• Group Training
• Corporate Training & Outreach Services
• Credit Education Services and Products
• Financial Literacy
• Small Business Loan Services
• Outreach and Economic Impact Strategies
Posting Description: The business development advisory team will be responsible for assisting the improve its marketing and outreach to small business community and their trusted advisors. The inern will help to establish relationships with organizations committed to the growth and development of small businesses. You will also conduct outreach and education to identify suitable small businesses candidates who can benefit from the company’s service offerings. The business develop advisor will conduct research to identify strategies and best practices to establish a referral network to increase the quality and number of businesses served.
By the end of the internship, the intern will learn how to:
• Independently work on the production design of marketing materials.
• Manage deadlines and client expectations for projects through regular and ongoing communication.
• Communicate key requirements for small business capital access
• Outline Financing Requirements for Start-up Enterprises
• Identify common obstacles faced by small businesses when seeking credit
• Create a Business Process Mapping for Online Marketing & Business Services Delivery
• Provide counseling for small business owners that are seeking loans
• Utilize skills and knowledge to coach small businesses on review effectiveness of design and content.
• Prepare newsletters and client advisory letters
ResponsibilitiesOn a daily basis you will exxamine issues faced by small business owners, lear strategies to help businesses overcome management weaknesses and develop action plans that the business owner can use to improve their capabilities. Interns may help prepare financial pojections, examine or review marketing plans, conduct research as well as go out to variou business events to meet business owners and build new relationships forthe ocmpany
• Knowledge of graphic design methods and website design principles.
• Familiarity with software utilized in advertising, design and marketing industry
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills
• Experience in marketing and effective visual communication techniques.
• Knowledge of banking industry a plus.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
• Ability to read a financial statement (profit and loss and balance sheet)