Small Grants ManagerBookmark This
Green Lifestyles Network
5858 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionWork Location: Los Angeles, CA (Out of state applicants will be considered DOE)
Reports to: Director of Development
Collaborates with: Sponsorship Manager, Large Grants Manager, Finance
Responsible for identifying funding opportunities and securing grant funds.
The Small Grants Manager is responsible for managing a team of grant writers in order to research and apply for funding opportunities for Green Lifestyles Network. In this capacity, the Small Grants Manager will ensure that funding proposals are completed and submitted to the granting organization within the time frame indicated on the proposal/application.
Depending on experience: You may work virtually.
How to apply:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plus: 2 references, and (1) page sample writing of your choice
Only candidates who send ALL requested documents will be considered.
Responsibilities• Determine GLN needs and work with department managers to research and apply for funding
• Prepare proposals and grant applications in the time period indicated on the grant guidance/proposal.
• Ensure all documents are true and factual;
• Maintain supporting documentation for any possible audits;
• Create and finalize all aspects of the grant application including the budget, letters, reports and etc;
• Establish and maintain personal contacts and relationships with department managers, boards and
• Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of grant proposals, applications, letters and reports;
• Prioritize and assign projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and
manage supplemental materials;
• Serve as the subject matter expert on all items related to grants;
• Manage/supervise other grant writers under the Small Grants team;
• Search for other grant writers, as needed and make hiring recommendations.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
-Understanding of organization vision, mission and objectives
-Enthusiasm, teamwork focused and strong customer service orientation
-Highly organized, detailed oriented and possess follow up skills
-Effectively work under pressure
-Produce a quality work product within tight time lines
-Use independent judgment
-Effective leadership and team building skills.
-Self-motivated, able to work independently
-Possess tact, diplomacy and flexibility
-Good supervisory skills
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Project management skills
-Ability to multi-task
-Computer skills required including database experience, MS Office, Excel and internet
Education, Experience :
• Bachelor's degree and three (3) to five (5) years experience as a Grant Writer or Grant Manager
• Any similar combination of education and experience