Sponsorships InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 W 7th St
Saint Paul, MN
This position will assist the Manager of Institutional Giving in sponsor prospect research, composing sponsorship proposals, overseeing and managing sponsor benefit deliverables, maintaining sponsor files, preparing marketing reports and other organizational systems. The Sponsorship Intern will gain a firsthand knowledge of sponsorship proposal development, research, the SharePoint database, the Raisers Edge database tool and knowledge of the local funding community in a fun and fast-paced non-profit environment. Dependent on interest and availability, the internship can be designed for a 3-month or 6-month option.
ResponsibilitiesMajor Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and development staff. Depending on experience and background, the intern will have the opportunity for more creative and independent work, including the creation of a functioning support system for sponsorship management and the ownership of the life-cycle for a sponsorship request from identification to submission. All duties will be carried out with direction and supervision of institutional giving team.
% of Time
40% Managing sponsorship deliverables and working with Marketing to track marketing collateral and impressions generated
25% Research local and national corporate prospects for sponsorship
25% Draft Sponsorship and Marketing reports for current sponsorships.
10% Other tasks as assigned
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Formal education in related field (development, marketing, communications, journalism or related experience.)
2. Excellent computer skills, especially in data entry, database skills or knowledge of Raisers Edge preferred
3. Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
4. Strong attention to detail, accuracy is important
5. Able to conduct online research
6. Ability to work well with others as well as on an independent basis.