Management Development Summer InternBookmark This
San Diego, CA
DescriptionJob Duties Responsibilities Our summer internship program is well suited for finance, accounting, risk management, economics, marketing, management, and general business majors.
Are you looking for an internship that provides real world business experience? During GEICO's 8 - 10 week paid summer internship program, you'll gain first-hand knowledge of our dynamic industry, work on meaningful projects, and have opportunities to network with managers and directors. This full-time program is designed to educate, stimulate and develop future business leaders.
You will be assigned a mentor from senior management and take part in several individual and group projects. These assignments may include researching insurance industry trends, analyzing current business procedures, proposing new strategies for growing and retaining our business, developing marketing plans, and delivering presentations to management.
When the program is finished, not only will you have an understanding of what it takes to be successful in a multi-billion dollar corporation, but your project results will be seriously considered and potentially implemented. Interns may also be considered for future career opportunities with our company. Please note: Housing is not a company-covered benefit. However, we may assist in helping you find a suitable place to live. Candidate Qualifications * Pursuing a Bachelor's degree at an accredited college or university;
* Possess junior status or senior status
* At least a 3.0 cumulative GPA; NO EXCEPTIONS
* Have taken a variety of business courses;
* Very good analytical and problem-solving skills;
* Effective written and verbal communication skills;
* Ability to work independently and within a team;
* High level of dependability;
* Demonstrated leadership potential; and
* Strong understanding of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Salary Information At GEICO, we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary. Pay for this position is $16.62/hr Shift Information The summer internship program will tentatively start early June. How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Please also upload your resume as well as unofficial transcripts. About GEICO For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.