Tech Development InternBookmark This
220 Davidson Ave
DescriptionJuiceTank is the newest and largest coworking space and incubator for innovative startups. We provide startups with an ideal ecosystem centered on collaborative space, essential advisory, and capital resources. This is a fun place to work where things happen fast!
If you want to learn and be directly involved with taking a concept and turning it into a real company, work on real-world projects and business processes for startups, and mingle with successful entrepreneurs from various industries, then JuiceTank is perfect for you.
The JuiceTank Innovation Lab Internship Program is an opportunity for the most ambitious students to gain practical hands-on experience working with some of NJ’s most successful entrepreneurs.
We offer work-for-credit internships to students that are interested in obtaining powerful connections, personal mentorship, and rapid career growth. You will be working on real projects for portfolio companies under the guidance of a knowledgeable, experienced and successful JuiceTank mentor!
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will be doing/learning
• Developing websites and mobile apps. Strong knowledge of html5 / css / jquery is required. Ideal candidates will have a portfolio of prior work however it is not required.
• Follow coding standards, W3C compliance, and latest trends in design and development
• Develop creative solutions for specific functionality needs for web and mobile apps or sites.
• Work directly with innovative startups and assist in both technology and development needs. You will actually get directly involved with their products or services.
• Perform code reviews and user acceptance testing of functionality
• Pitch analysis; filtering the various startups going through the JuiceTank system
• Generate leads. Responsible for targeting and identifying sales opportunities
• Providing friendly and timely responses to clientele while prioritizing the most urgent requests.
• Accommodation and hosting – Providing information and tours to potential JuiceTank Community members
• Work with the JuiceTank Community to identify, record, and address common questions, feedback, bugs, and other requests from the community.
• Complete learning exercises, special projects, observe and shadow department managers as well as attend internal meetings
• Perform other special projects or duties when required
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
• Computer Science or IT Major/Minor preferred, but all majors may apply
• Be extroverted and a great host
• Have entrepreneurial spirit and love the startup culture
• Ability to work fast! Really fast!
• Strong computer application skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to work in a digital work environment
Skills to be developed:
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Learn to effectively read financial statements
• Test a startups feasibility
• Successful networking habits
• Supportive work environment
• Strong client communication skills (insight, analysis, and program reporting)
Time Commitment: Minimum 15hrs/week commitment - up to 30 hours/week
Starting Date: Immediately