Web DeveloperHindSite Interactive, Inc.
Development InternNational MS Society Southern California & Nevada Chapter
Intern for Music Program in the HamptonsHamptons Music Sessions
Economic Development InternEast Boston Main Streets
Event Planning Fall Intern (September-December 2014)Barakat Inc.
Technical SkillsBookmark This
Market Immersion - Scuba Explorers - Arm Anchor
DescriptionWeb developers design web pages, sites or applications. They listen to user requests and specifications and provide attractive and capable web applications. Developers guarantee built in features for security, compatibility and integration online. They work for organisations, IT companies, agencies, and for themselves offering development or consultancy services.
When building a website, developers assess the structure, appeal, purpose and security. They present the best recommendations and follow the decision of the client. As their reputation is important, a web developer works to create quality and functional web applications. They understand the necessity for quality customer service and rely on customers recommendations to prospective clients.
Responsibilities• Upload websites
• Construct search engines
• Fix technical problems
• Knowledge of various plug-ins
• Implement security measures
• Build content and learning management systems and other intranet applications
• Use animations and design graphics
• Consult with customers
• Change applications according to new specifications
• Wordpress, Visual Studio and other web authoring software
RequirementsKnowledge of web development
• Ability to utilise SQL technologies
• Good graphics skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Be flexible and proficient
• Familiarity with web development regulations
• Able to meet deadlines
• Manage projects
• Good organisational skills
• Good people skills
• Be innovative and reliable