Television Development & Casting InternBookmark This
Story House Productions
2233 Wisconsin Ave NW STE 420
DescriptionIntern needed to assist to the Development and Casting teams of an international television production company. We specialize in non-fiction television programming in subjects ranging from crime and current affairs to science, lifestyle and 3D. We work for big name networks such as A&E, Discovery, Nat Geo, History, and Travel.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary Responsibilities include:
LOTS OF RESEARCH
- Experience using online, primary source, etc
- Brainstorming and researching ideas, talent, and resources to assist in story development and production of programs
- Mass casting posts and vetting
- Organization of talent
- Assistance conducting phone and/or Skype interviews
- Quick character reel edits on iMovie or FCP
- Graphic manipulation experience is a plus
- Formatting in PowerPoint or Word
- Presentation writing (please include cover letter)
Assistance in general administration duties
- Document organization and management
- Monitor various news outlets and television websites
- Maintain and update databases for business development and client relationships
- Maintaining schedule of development and casting calendar
RequirementsThe ideal candidate has the following qualities:
· Must have or be pursuing BA. Preferably in communications, film, media or related field
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Complete MS Office knowledge (word, excel, and access) and great computer skills in general.
· working knowledge of iMovie and/or FCP 7.
· Genuine interest in television/internet trends and evolutions.
· Excellent research skills, highly resourceful and creative thinker, and a self-starter.
· Responsible, ambitious, enthusiastic, professional, confident, sense of humor.
Must be available 3 Days a week for at least 16 weeks. College credit can be negotiated in most cases.
Office is located in Glover Park. We are not easily metro accessible but we are on bus routes 31, 32, & 36.
Please send an email with resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "2013 Fall Intern"
No phone calls, please. :)