The Youth and Fan Development internshipBookmark This
South East San Diego
San Diego, CA
DescriptionAbraham Lincoln High School is proud to announce that the “Hornets” joined the growing youth community with our first season of lacrosse started this past spring of 2009. The “Hornets” offer a higher level of play, instruction, and the opportunity for our youth to play a game that is rich in tradition and history. Lacrosse has its roots right here in North America where the game was originated by Native Americans. We as a team; respect those origins as it now played by athletes all over the world. The South-east area of San Diego where Lincoln High is located is an extremely urban community, where students are in vital need of more social outlets that encourage all opportunities to excel as students to a higher level. Lacrosse combines the skills of basketball, soccer and hockey into a fast paced, high endurance test of strength and agility. Lincoln High School Lacrosse is seeking hard working; creative, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals to fill a number of available internship opportunities.
• Provide administrative support for the education and training department with a focus on coaches including data entry, record keeping, and overall program organization.
• Assist with execution of clinic protocols as related to walk-ups, host follow-up and clinic close-out procedures
• Assists with processing and tracking of coaching education program certifications, background screenings and fulfillment
• Obtain and register participants for all youth programs
• Assist in developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with organizations and community contacts that can assist the Coyotes in gaining exposure in the state of Arizona.
• Assist in researching, screening, scheduling, planning and executing all Hornets grass roots event opportunities.
• Onsite event leader for grass roots events.
• Provide administrative support and assist other Community Relations/Fan Development as directed by the Director of Community Relations and Fan Development
Application Instructions: Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
RequirementsThe Youth and Fan Development internship
This allows students to work with Lincoln Hornet’s youth initiatives, including the Physical Education Demo Day program, Junior Hornets, National Youth Sports, USL Clinics, and team community events. The ideal intern should enjoy working with children, and must have night and weekend availability.