Web Development InternshipBookmark This
Children's National Medical Center
801 Roeder Road
Silver Spring, MD
DescriptionAt Children’s National Medical Center, we challenge ourselves to think bigger and different, to be innovative, and to continually improve health care for kids. For the web team, our challenge is no different. Serving a global audience, our websites provide information, inspiration, and ways to become involved. Join us while we re-vamp our web sites using the latest in web technologies and ultimately, better serve our children.
As a web development intern, you will have the opportunity to utilize your web skills while gaining experience in web production, project management, search engine optimization, and more. This hands-on opportunity will give you exposure to a professional web development environment, experience working in our content management systems, and continued training in the web development.
Internships are offered to candidates for a three month period, or equal to the duration of one college or university semester.
The internship is part-time and unpaid and may be completed for credit. Both the hospital and the department’s off-site office in Silver Spring are metro accessible (Red Line).
Responsibilities• Managing web edits for ChildrensNational.org
• Assisting with social media integration
• Performing keyword research and optimize pages as needed for SEO
• Assisting with the mapping and structure of the web site
• Troubleshooting and fixing errors and broken links
Requirements• Be self-motivated and highly organized
• Have at least 10 hours/week to commit to the internship
• Be interested in learning web development and the management of an enterprise website
• Have an interest in social media integration ( i.e. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)