Research and Data AnalysisOffice of the Creative Economy
Sustainable Development InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Fundraising InternWorld Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
Art Gallery / Program Development Internship (Spring/Summer 2014)Alfa Art Gallery
Business Development / Communications for book tourIActive
Web/Mobile Development InternBookmark This
566 Arguello Way
DescriptionNameCoach (www.name-coach.com) is looking for a creative, entrepreneurial Web/Mobile Development intern to help refine our product and develop new product offerings. This is a great opportunity to both take on discrete projects and gain the sort of product development experience unique to the ground-floor of a small, agile Silicon Valley start-up.
NameCoach (www.name-coach.com) is a new Silicon Valley start-up led by a small team of Stanford students. It's vision is unique: solve a single, niche problem, and expand fully into all relevant markets. NameCoach allows individuals to voice-record their names online so that announcers and players in a variety of important settings - graduation ceremonies, wedding receptions, sports announcing, radio announcing, diplomatic settings, international business settings, conferences, etc - know how to say these names correctly. After two development phases, we are currently in the initial product launch - and based on customer and user feedback, starting an expansive third development phase.
- Experience with product development.
- Experience with DevOps and collaboration with Bus Dev team
- Experience with project management.
- Much sought-after experience with lean start-up methods/cycle.
- Unique opportunity to articulate and execute your own implementation vision.
- Freedom to define projects that will meet your own skill-set developmental goals.
- Unique ground-floor familiarity with the start-up environment.
- Potential opportunities for further equity-based roles, depending on performance.
- Potential school credit (please inquire)
This is a part-time unpaid internship. The duration will be 10-12 weeks, but flexible.
Submit resumes and cover letters to:
ResponsibilitiesThe Web/Mobile Development interns will work with a co-founder on any of a number of projects:
* Developing mobile app or mobile web versions of the site
* User interface design improvement
* Debugging and improving user experience improvement
* Improving core audio recording functionality
* Adapting existing product for new markets
* Developing new features
The internship will be rewarding to those who are interested in conceiving and executing discrete development projects, and those who are interested in advancing their technical skills in the context of the entire 'lean' product development cycle: responding to user suggestions and needs, developing a vision for a product or adaptation, building, testing, deploying, and getting feedback. You will also gain experience working with a business development/marketing team to create informed hypotheses about user needs, based on their interviews and feedback from customers. Specific tasks will be determined in collaboration with the co-founders, but there is much flexibility to take initiative.
- We work with you to determine what sorts of projects you would find most beneficial, and to develop skill development goals for the internship and experience goals for future job applications.
- Hours are flexible
- Majority of work can be done remotely, but some in-person meetings required
- Creative thinker
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to take initiative
- Demonstrated passion for conceiving and executing projects
- Desire to work in collaborative, fast-paced, agile start-up environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Undergraduate, Graduate Student, or Alumni
Some subset of the following skills:
- HTML, CSS
- Ruby, Rails
- iOS or other mobile OS
- Telecom-to-Web integration
- Desire to learn new technical skills