Web/Mobile Engineering Intern at Energetic Silicon Valley StartupBookmark This
DescriptionNameCoach (www.name-coach.com) is looking for a creative, entrepreneurial Web/Mobile Development intern to help refine our product and develop new product offerings. This is a great opportunity to both take on discrete projects and gain the sort of product development experience unique to the ground-floor of a small, agile Silicon Valley startup based at the Stanford Venture Studios.
NameCoach (www.name-coach.com) is a new Silicon Valley start-up led by a small team of Stanford students, as part of the Stanford Venture Studios. It's vision is unique: solve a single, niche problem, and expand fully into all relevant markets. NameCoach allows individuals to voice-record their names online so that announcers and players in a variety of important settings - graduation ceremonies, wedding receptions, sports announcing, radio announcing, diplomatic settings, international business settings, conferences, etc - know how to say these names correctly. After two development phases and an initial product launch (which received rave reviews), we are starting starting an expansive third development phase based on customer and user feedback.
- Dynamic, collaborative design environment of the Stanford Venture Studios
- Experience with product development.
- Experience with DevOps and collaboration with Bus Dev team
- Experience with project management.
- Much sought-after experience with lean start-up methods/cycle.
- Unique opportunity to articulate and execute your own implementation vision.
- Freedom to define projects that will meet your own skill-set developmental goals.
- Unique ground-floor familiarity with the start-up environment.
- Potential opportunities for further equity-based roles, depending on performance.
- School credit where available
This is an unpaid internship, part-time or full-time. The standard duration will be12 weeks (but flexible), starting as soon as possible.
Submit resumes and cover letters to:
ResponsibilitiesThe Web/Mobile Development interns will work with the Founder, Product Manager, and Engineering team on any of a number of projects:
* Developing mobile app or mobile web versions of the site
* User interface design improvement
* Debugging and improving user experience
* Improving core audio recording functionality
* Adapting existing product for new markets
* Developing new features
* Front end/back end/deployment
The internship will be rewarding to those who are interested in conceiving and executing discrete development projects, and those who are interested in advancing their technical skills in the context of the entire 'lean' product development cycle: responding to user suggestions and needs, developing a vision for a product or adaptation, building, testing, deploying, and getting feedback. You will also gain experience working with a business development/marketing team to create informed hypotheses about user needs, based on their interviews and feedback from customers. Specific tasks will be determined in collaboration with the Founder and other senior team members, but there is much flexibility to take initiative.
- We work with you to determine what sorts of projects you would find most beneficial, and to develop skill development goals for the internship and experience goals for future job applications.
- Hours are flexible
- Majority of work can be done remotely if desired, but some in-person meetings required at the Stanford Venture Studios
- Creative thinker
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to take initiative
- Demonstrated passion for conceiving and executing projects
- Desire to work in collaborative, fast-paced, agile start-up environment
- Excellent organizational skills
Some subset of the following skills:
- HTML, CSS/SASS
- Ruby, Rails
- iOS, Android, or other mobile OS
- Telecom-to-Web integration
- Desire to learn new technical skills