WordPress Designer/Developer InternBookmark This
DescriptionWe are seeking to fill several part-time, unpaid intern positions to work approximately 20 hrs. per week for 12 weeks- but this is somewhat flexible- designing/redesigning and developing (coding) websites using Wordpress.
Intern candidates include:
College student with a background in one of the following:
- Graphic Design or Web Design using Wordpress.
- HTML, CSS, PHP
- Computer Science
While working on various website projects, our interns have opportunities to broaden their knowledge and develop or enhance skills in the following areas: web design, graphic design, illustration, marketing, customer service, team-building, project management, problem-solving, and leadership. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain valuable experience for your portfolio.
Upon successful completion of your internship, we will provide a job recommendation letter from our CEO and a recommendation letter from your immediate supervisor (if other than our CEO), plus a recommendation and skill endorsements on LinkedIn. Interns will also be given special consideration when applying for any open positions in the company for which they are qualified. We will also provide an evaluation if your school requires one and we will comply with the necessary rules and regulations to offer this internship for college credit.
Responsibilities- Design website layouts and architecture to maximize user experience and SEO
- Design background and header images for websites and social media pages/profiles
- Design email marketing and email newsletter templates to match websites
- Manage projects- must be able to communicate with both our agency and our clients
RequirementsQualified interns must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Web development
- HTML/CSS coding knowledge
- Knowledge of how to build and customize a Word Press, Joomla, or a Drupal based website
- Adobe Creative Suite or other design program knowledge a plus
- Drawing/sketching skills are a major plus
- Creative vision and ability
- Dependable- able to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Superior time management and ability to prioritize projects and tasks
- Strong attention to detail