WordPress DeveloperBookmark This
DescriptionNashville OnStage is looking for a Web Development Intern with good understanding/experience with WordPress and theme customization skills! This is your dream internship in the entertainment and music industry. Get hands-on resume building experience learning real world skills. Your contribution will have direct impact on growth and success of company. This position is part-time, approximately 20-25 hours per week.
The majority of the time the internship will be virtual and interaction will be by phone, email, video & virtual teleconferencing with management. There will be on-site and field work performed on occasions as opportunities are presented.
You will work along with the Communications Director to design and develop web pages. Successful candidates will possess a creative ability along with great problem solving and communications skills; superior computer skills, articulate writing and verbal talents, ability to work with little supervision, and a strong sense of self-motivation is a must. You should be able to multi-task, be organized and adhere to timelines.
Nashville OnStage is a growing publication in the Nashville community that focuses on entertainment news, celebrity gossip, events and lifestyles. We are currently in negotiation with a major magazine publisher to launch our print publication in the very near future. However, we are currently developing and growing our brand through social media and our official website.
Although this is an unpaid internship, there is a very serious chance that this could lead to a full-time position. We are also open for you to use this role for college credit. If you would like to get involved in a fun and growing business, please apply by submitting your resume now.
Contact Jennifer Cox, Communications Assistant, for more information: email@example.com
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of web page layouts, using WordPress platform
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for our online magazine
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience and knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and feedback