CITYarts Development Intern - Summer 2017CITYarts, Inc
iOS Development InternSurfwrench LLC
Event SalesFirst Dry Clean
Mobile Developer Instructor (iOS or Android)CHEETAH
Web DeveloperDigital Artifex
Strategic Partnerships InternFeeding Children Everywhere
Gay Startup Technology Intern (iOS App Launch + Digital Marketing) in NYCVers
Web DeveloperOnsite Safety
Art Gallery / Program Development InternshipBookmark This
Alfa Art Gallery
108 Church St
New Brunswick, NJ
Posted: February 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAlfa Art Gallery (a NJ Non-Profit Organization) accomplishes as much as it does thanks to the assistance of many volunteers and interns. Our internship program is available to college students and recent graduates. This is an excellent opportunity to gain real-world work experience in an art gallery environment.
The internships positions are unpaid, but interns may arrange with their college to receive course credit (each department does things differently but there is usually some sort of internship proposal form. Talk to your department heads for more info). In exchange for their work interns will also gain valuable experience in a dynamic nonprofit arts environment and will receive an evaluation form and letter of recommendation at the end of their internship.
To apply for an internship, or to volunteer, please review the available positions below and send us your resume and cover letter letting us know which you’re interested in. Please tell us about your skills, and let us know your available start date and hours. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please e-mail a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alfa Art Gallery is looking for a highly motivated, outgoing individual to assist with the organization’s numerous development projects. This is a great opportunity for those interested in arts administration, grant writing and special events.
For more info go to - http://www.alfaart.org/about-us/internships
Responsibilities• Take the lead in the planning and organizing of fundraisers and other special events
• Writing and submission of grant applications.
• Assist curator in searching for additional funding opportunities
• Establish a relationship with local businesses and work closely with them to secure sponsorships for our events
• Work with schools, retirement homes, etc to set up visits, lectures and more
• Promote the gallery’s facilities rental program
Requirements• Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must
• Ability to manage time efficiently
• Computer literacy is a must, particularly experience with Microsoft Office;
• Grant Writing experience is preferred but not a requirement
Here are some general rules and requirements that apply to all internship positions:
• Interns are expected to attend most gallery-organized events (usually 2-3 a month).
• Interns are expected to spend at least 8hrs a week at the gallery. Hours are flexible and will be assigned on an individual basis.
• All interns will gain valuable public speaking experience through our program “The News”. “The News” is a program, which tries to inform visitors at our events about other upcoming cultural events in the New Brunswick area.
• All interns will be required to propose, plan, organize and execute an event during their internship. Since event planning and organization is a very comprehensive process each intern will have to collaborate with all other team members. This will help develop team-building and event organization skills.
• In addition to the tasks specific to their area each intern is expected to help with administrative tasks and day-to-day operations.
• Candidates should possess good written and verbal communication skills
• Candidates should have a passion for art and a desire to be actively involved in the art community
• Candidates are expected to be computer literate and quick learners
• Candidates are required to have excellent problem solving skills and are expected to take initiative.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office
Preferred - Grant Applications