- Internships /
- Development /
- Development and Distinguished Events Student Volunteers/Interns- American Cancer Society
Web Developer JuniorMantis Marketing
Web DeveloperReliance Capital Limited
Training Development InternFound Animals Foundation
UNPAID DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION INTERNSHIPDIGA STUDIOS
Special Events and Membership Work ScholarAperture Foundation
Fundraising and Development InternshipIndiana Wildlife Federation
Entry Level Management PositionDavid Management Group
Java Script DeveloperMashtopatoes
Development and Distinguished Events Student Volunteers/Interns- American Cancer SocietyBookmark This
American Cancer Society
2600 US Highway 1
North Brunswick, NJ
Posted: September 26 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and passionate professionals to make a difference by working as development and distinguished events student volunteers/interns for the American Cancer Society.
Both full-time and part-time positions are available, starting immediately. These positions will be based in our Central New Jersey Region office at 2600 US Highway 1, North Brunswick, NJ 08902. This is a wonderful learning opportunity for those interested in development and event planning for a non-profit organization. This position also offers valuable opportunities to meet accomplished professionals throughout New Jersey.
• Work extensively on distinguished events, i.e. galas and golf outings, from conception to completion based on time of service
• Research, solicit, and secure sponsors and auction prizes
• Create communications and complete mailings to event participants, sponsors, and auction prize winners
• Brainstorm new event entertainment and activities
• Coordinate volunteer projects during working hours
• Assist with day-of logistics including packing, set-up, and break-down
• Attend assigned events
• Excellent phone, computer, and interpersonal skills are a must
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work are necessary
• Student volunteers will need to handle multiple tasks and work within deadlines
• Must be a team player but be able to work independently and be a self-starter
• Personality must be outgoing, enthusiastic, and professional mannered
• Applicants must be committed to working a minimum of 10-15 hours a week
• Work hours at the American Cancer Society are from 9 – 5pm, Monday – Friday, with some late nights, early mornings, and weekends
• We are willing to be flexible with work days and hours
• Applications are being accepted for spring and summer event seasons
• Position is unpaid
Past experience is not necessary but a plus. Please note: Although you will be mainly working within the Distinguished Events Department, there will be many opportunities to work on other events in the Special Events/Income Development Department at the American Cancer Society.
Student volunteer opportunities are competitive; please apply immediately for earliest consideration.
To submit a resume and cover letter, or if you have any questions, please contact Keri Drako at email@example.com or 732-951-6382.