- Internships /
- Development /
- Development and Distinguished Events Student Volunteers/Interns- American Cancer Society
App Developer Intern at a Tech Start-UpChickenBus
Development InternAmerican Lung Association of the Northeast
XHTML/CSS Front-End Web DeveloperElizabeth Connolly
Graphic Designer UX – UIMoodMe
Beauty Research & Administrative InternNotebook Cosmetics
Development InternInside the Orchestra
Walmart secret shopperSecret Shopper
Development and Distinguished Events Student Volunteers/Interns- American Cancer SocietyBookmark This
American Cancer Society
2600 US Highway 1
North Brunswick, NJ
Posted: September 26 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and passionate professionals to make a difference by working as development and distinguished events student volunteers/interns for the American Cancer Society.
Both full-time and part-time positions are available, starting immediately. These positions will be based in our Central New Jersey Region office at 2600 US Highway 1, North Brunswick, NJ 08902. This is a wonderful learning opportunity for those interested in development and event planning for a non-profit organization. This position also offers valuable opportunities to meet accomplished professionals throughout New Jersey.
• Work extensively on distinguished events, i.e. galas and golf outings, from conception to completion based on time of service
• Research, solicit, and secure sponsors and auction prizes
• Create communications and complete mailings to event participants, sponsors, and auction prize winners
• Brainstorm new event entertainment and activities
• Coordinate volunteer projects during working hours
• Assist with day-of logistics including packing, set-up, and break-down
• Attend assigned events
• Excellent phone, computer, and interpersonal skills are a must
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work are necessary
• Student volunteers will need to handle multiple tasks and work within deadlines
• Must be a team player but be able to work independently and be a self-starter
• Personality must be outgoing, enthusiastic, and professional mannered
• Applicants must be committed to working a minimum of 10-15 hours a week
• Work hours at the American Cancer Society are from 9 – 5pm, Monday – Friday, with some late nights, early mornings, and weekends
• We are willing to be flexible with work days and hours
• Applications are being accepted for spring and summer event seasons
• Position is unpaid
Past experience is not necessary but a plus. Please note: Although you will be mainly working within the Distinguished Events Department, there will be many opportunities to work on other events in the Special Events/Income Development Department at the American Cancer Society.
Student volunteer opportunities are competitive; please apply immediately for earliest consideration.
To submit a resume and cover letter, or if you have any questions, please contact Keri Drako at email@example.com or 732-951-6382.