Business Development / Sales InternQwikTrips LLC
Software/App/Website Development InternQwikTrips LLC
Software App & Website Development InternMeraki Media
Innovative Event Planner for Eco-Conscious Non-ProfitHemp Educate America
Outreach/Fundraising InternThe Police Reform Organizing Project
Deer Valley® Music Festival – Summer Development InternshipUtah Symphony | Utah Opera
Front End DeveloperCreatella
Business Development / Sales InternReliance capital Limited
Development AssociateBookmark This
511 Ryders Ln
East Brunswick, NJ
Posted: June 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 30 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDevelopment Associate Job Description
The Disability Allies (DA) is dedicated to providing social opportunities to connect young adults and children with and without disabilities. The Donor Relations Manager is a part time position. The Development Associate reports to the Director and is responsible for developing and expanding the relationships between the organization and its donors in addition to conducting monthly fundraisers.
The Development Associate will develop and expand the relationships between the organization and its donors and conduct fundraisers on a monthly basis.
1. Seek out new and follow-up with potential and existing donors
2. Obtain non-monetary donations from businesses such as supplies and/or gift cards
3. Develop and implement a system to acknowledge and reward donors
4. Assist our grant writer in researching and locating available grants
5. Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor contact and biographical information
6. Conduct monthly fundraisers and spearhead our crowd funding campaign
Essential functions/working conditions:
• Must be able to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to connect with others and develop relationships
• Committed to the mission of serving young adults with disabilities
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to maintain detailed records and confidential information
About the Disability Allies:
The purpose of the Disability Allies is to plan team building activities that connect young adults and children with and without disabilities. At our events we pair each individual up with a mentor. The job of the mentor is to help the participants with their social skills and insure that everyone interacts with each other. Our events are open to any young adult that has a disability, knows someone with a disability or is supportive of people with disabilities. Please visit www.disabilityallies.com to learn more.
Disability Allies Anti-Discrimination statement:
Disability Allies shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, gender identification or expression, or military status in any of its activities of operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, and selection of vendors and provision of services.