Unity C# Kinect DevelopmentvuPad
Development Intern - Spring 2017The Lupus Foundation of America- DC/MD/VA Chapter
Research and Development FellowAfricAid
Product Development Intern (Beauty)Scentbird
Data EntryWesfarmers Limited
The Internship You Want : Travel, Young Company, PaidLevel, Inc
Architectural Design Internship Winter 2016/2017WeMac Ventures
Business Development - Work from Home, School or anywhere in the world! Full/Part-time!Connect With Training
Development Department InternBookmark This
The Salvation Army National Capital Area
2626 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Posted: July 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnder the general supervision of the Development Department, this volunteer will assist The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command with a multitude of tasks and have the chance to work with many departments: Volunteer Coordination, Major Gifts, Marketing and Communication, and Donor Care. Specifically, you will help with corporate volunteer and giving engagement, donor care communications, volunteer scheduling and management, editing and proofreading, and general administrative duties.
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Minimum: 3 months with 15 hours/week during school year; 30-40 hours/week during the summer. If interning full time for 3+ months, we can provide a metro stipend.
ResponsibilitiesBelow identifies the essential responsibilities of the position, but is not exclusive:
• Contribute to donor care tasks involving donor appreciation initiatives and mailings.
• Update donor database and maintain impeccable records.
• General administrative duties such as copying, filing, mailing, and faxing.
• Conduct prospect research on potential corporate sponsors and assist with community outreach projects.
• Communicate with sponsors and volunteers for our annual volunteer and donation drive events.
• Research possible grant prospects.
• Assist in proofreading and reviewing grant proposals and reports.
Requirements• Completed or working towards a college degree, preferably in a related field.
• Computer literate with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple detail-oriented projects.
• Comfortable performing general clerical work including letter writing, filing, faxing, copying, answering phones, responding to emails, etc.
• Ability to project a professional and positive image of The Salvation Army.