Front End DeveloperCreatella
Business Development / Sales InternReliance capital Limited
Strategic Partnerships InternFeeding Children Everywhere
Website Developer InternUB International, LLC
Development InternEsperanca, Inc.
Front-End Developer Intern at Tech Startup in New York CityEverlasting Footprint
Development FellowWestport Country Playhouse
Development Intern (Unpaid)The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Development / Grant Writing InternBookmark This
Neighborhood Music School
100 Audubon St
New Haven, CT
Posted: June 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Neighborhood Music School Advancement team is seeking an independent, detail-oriented and organized person with strong writing and communication skills interested in gaining experience in institutional fundraising in a nonprofit setting. This internship focuses on grant writing and fundraising through foundations and government agencies and teaches interns how a nonprofit raises revenue to support its mission.
This position will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development, grant writing, fundraising appeals and acknowledgments, in addition to gaining valuable office experience.
This is an unpaid internship. College credit may be offered on request.
Please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Heather Schnabel at email@example.com
Responsibilities• Research and identify grants and funding opportunities relevant to NMS. Gather and compile statistical updates from program staff regarding core grant funded programs
• Work with the Advancement team to help prepare grant applications and reports, including drafting proposal narratives and budgets, and compiling other components of an application
• Manage grants calendar and help ensure that reporting requirements for funders are met
• Support other areas of Advancement with occasional projects (Individual giving, events, marketing)
• Help organize foundation and corporate grant files (both electronic and hard files)
• Various other office related tasks, as assigned
Requirements• Currently student or graduate of an English, Communications or related discipline
• Must be a motivated self-starter with strong writing and editing skills
• Detail oriented, with ability to prioritize under a deadline
• Must have an interested in learning about grant-writing
• Must have confidence interacting with staff at a variety of levels, as well as donors
• Because the development intern may interact with sensitive personal information, a high level of professionalism and discretion are a must