Senior Project Manger - ConstructionGemini Communication Ltd
QA Testing Intern For AndroidFashom
QA Testing Intern For iPhoneFashom
Grant Writing Intern - Summer 2017Met Council
Usability Analyst InternGreenway Health
Documentation/Demo Data InternGreenway Health
Editorial, Creative, Data/Insights, and Marketing InternshipChinese American Art Culture Center inc
Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Development Intern Assistant- Winter/Spring 2017 SemesterBookmark This
The Ridgefield Playhouse
80 East Ridge
Posted: October 14 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout The Ridgefield Playhouse
The Ridgefield Playhouse (RPH) is a non-profit center for arts and entertainment located in downtown Ridgefield, CT. As a 501(c)(3), the RPH relies heavily on sponsorships, donations and memberships to present a variety of performing arts to the community and the surrounding area at varied price points. The Playhouse offers more than 170 live events a year including comedy, rock, country, dance, jazz and more with performers such as Pat Benatar, Smokey Robinson, Dana Carvey, Peter Frampton and Melissa Etheridge.
RPH is seeking a hands-on, self-motivated Development Assistant to help organize and research fundraising opportunities, assist with important events, organize and manage donor appreciation correspondence and reports. Reporting both to the Director of Development and Development Associate, the Assistant will work with donors, sponsors and patrons as well as RPH colleagues within development, marketing and other related Playhouse teams.
• Work as a member of the development team to research underwriting opportunities in business community as well as organize and create lists of area companies for outreach and solicitation.
• Help plan and assist with VIP parties and fundraising events including annual Galas and Shakespeare on the Green.
• Work with support corporate sponsors to fulfill agreements and requests for tickets, branding and special events. Encourage participation at events.
• Working with RPH staff, ensure that donor and patron records are maintained accurately.
• Develop and write donor acknowledgements; help create and donor recognition materials.
RequirementsQualifications and Attributes
• A passion for the mission and work of RPH.
• Excellent administrative skills including experience with Excel and Microsoft.
• The ability to work effectively and collegially with other RPH staff, Board members, patrons, and supporters.
• The desire, ability, and willingness to roll up his/her sleeves and get the job done, often with limited resources.
• Excellent writing skills; proofreading and editing. Good phone manner and neat penmanship a must.
• Superb interpersonal skills and the ability to interact discretely and appropriately with professional artists and other industry professionals as appropriate.
• The appropriate candidate will be diligent, tireless, passionate about the cause, and able to build and articulate a compelling case for support to a diverse group of donors and prospects.