Architectural Design Internship Spring/Summer 2017WeMac Ventures
Web Developer JuniorMantis Marketing
Training Development InternFound Animals Foundation
UNPAID DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION INTERNSHIPDIGA STUDIOS
Special Events and Membership Work ScholarAperture Foundation
Fundraising and Development InternshipIndiana Wildlife Federation
Entry Level Management PositionDavid Management Group
Java Script DeveloperMashtopatoes
Development InternBookmark This
National Alliance on Mental Illness - NAMI Mississippi
Posted: June 21 2016
Company Location: Jackson, MS
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNAMI Mississippi's mission is to champion justice, dignity, and respect for all people affected by mental illness (biological brain disorders). Through education, advocacy, and support, we strive to eliminate the pervasive stigma of mental illness, affect positive changes in the mental health system, and increase the public and professional understanding of mental illness.
The development intern will be able to experience all aspects of the development department including donor development, event planning, and communications. This internship will be heavily focused on assisting with event planning for informational meetings (quarterly), the NAMI Conference (May), and NAMIWalks (November). Fifty percent of NAMI Mississippi's budget comes from individual donors and the proceeds from fundraising events. The work the development intern does will contribute to the success of these ventures leading to continued monetary support for NAMI Mississippi's programs.
• Research prospective donors.
• Analyze and categorize current donors.
• Assist with donor cultivation including tracking and regular communication through letters
and phone calls.
• Research fundraising software and online fundraising options.
• Help research, develop, and implement a planned giving program.
•Assist in securing corporate sponsorships for NAMIWalks.
• Record hours worked in the volunteer log.
• Participate in a mid-internship interview and complete a post-internship evaluation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Some experience or education in fundraising helpful.
• Knowledge about or interest in mental illness.
• Strong computer skills including ease with Microsoft Office and online research.
• Skilled in written and oral communications.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Able to be self-directed and work independently.
• Able to present a professional appearance when representing NAMI Mississippi in the community.
• Must be a NAMI Mississippi member or willing to join. Membership starts at $3 (Open Door level).
Commitment: Ten to Fifteen Hours Per Week
Three Month Minimum Commitment