Front End DeveloperCreatella
Business Development / Sales InternReliance capital Limited
Strategic Partnerships InternFeeding Children Everywhere
Website Developer InternUB International, LLC
Development InternEsperanca, Inc.
Front-End Developer Intern at Tech Startup in New York CityEverlasting Footprint
Development FellowWestport Country Playhouse
Development Intern (Unpaid)The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Development InternBookmark This
Pesticide Action Network North America
1611 Telegraph Ave, Suite 1200
Posted: March 02 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
At Pesticide Action Network (PAN) North America, we work to create a just, thriving food system. For too long, pesticide and biotech corporations have dictated how we grow food, placing the health and economic burdens of pesticide use on farmers, farmworkers and rural communities. PAN works with those on the frontlines to tackle the pesticide problem — and reclaim the future of food and farming.
PAN North America is one of five regional centers worldwide. We link local and international consumer, labor, health, environment and agriculture groups into an international citizens’ action network. Together, we challenge the global proliferation of pesticides, defend basic rights to health and environmental quality, and work to ensure the transition to a just and viable food system.
About the Internship:
This position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with professional staff in a dedicated and fast-paced development (fundraising) department of a national environmental and social justice non-profit organization. The Development Intern reports to the Development Associate and works closely with other members of the Development Department and Administrative staff on various aspects of nonprofit fundraising including: membership processing and data entry, special events, business supporter research, state registrations, Earthshare registrations, grants and foundation research, major donor prospecting, and direct mail appeals.
There is no stipend associate with this intern position; however, we do reimburse any local commuting costs. Other benefits include:
• Strengthened knowledge and skills in nonprofit fundraising and philanthropy
• Professional connections to individuals within the field
• Academic credit if you provide us with the required paperwork.
• Increased knowledge of pesticide and environmental health issues
• Experience working in an established nonprofit organization
Time requirement: We prefer to have interns that can commit to 15 hours per week, however schedules are somewhat flexible. For this position, preference will be given to applicants who are able to commit to at least 4 months.
Location: Most work will occur in the Oakland office.
Supervisor: Development Associate
How to Apply:
Submit the following to email@example.com with Development Intern in the subject line.
• A cover letter indicating that you wish to apply for the Development Department Internship. Include why you want to work with PAN and what experience and skills you hope to gain, your available dates, and number of hours per week you wish to work. Please include where you learned of the position and how a Development Internship can benefit your future career goals.
• A current resume highlighting the experience and/or coursework relevant to the position
• Contact information for two references (name, phone, e-mail, relationship)
Responsibilities• Update and maintain donor information in PAN’s Salesforce database
• Assist with processing and packaging donor acknowledgements and materials
• Assist with state charitable registrations and EarthShare (workplace giving) campaign applications
• Use online resources for donor and event research
• Assist with foundation and grant research
• Assist with public outreach (communicating with donors, answering inquiries, tabling events, and other activities as needed)
• Assist in other department and office support activities, as needed
Requirements• Well-organized and able to manage details efficiently
• Ability to work both independently and with supervision
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
• Proficient in basic computer skills: MS Office
• Experience using databases, Mac-based operating systems, and internet research
• Previous administrative experience, interest in fundraising or public outreach activities, and commitment to social and environmental causes preferred