Web Development SpecialistOutings & Adventures
Music Business Development InternElixir Tune
Development InternMove to Amend
Marketing and Fundraising InternshipBURN Design Lab
Development Intern, Western RegionSpecial Olympics New York Inc.
Project ManagerJ&R Marketing
Internship Services SpecialistMEDA AB.
HR Strategy & FT Specialist Requisition ID: 101HQ217MEDA AB.
Development InternBookmark This
YWCA of the City of New York
50 Broadway, 13th floor
New York, NY
Posted: March 10 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe YWCA of the City of New York was founded in 1858 and is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. The YWCA of the City of New York’s Development intern will work at a well-renowned charity interested in growing its development activities. The Development Intern will also have an opportunity to meet with different team members to learn more about their work at The YWCA. YWCA’s employees have extensive and diversified experience in the not-for-profit world, including: program management, marketing, business development, fundraising, public relations, finance, and technology.
The Development Intern is primarily responsible for all administrative aspects of development activities, grant research and writing.
ResponsibilitiesFundraising and Grant Support:
• Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors
• Responsible for helping with proposal writing and grant compilation
• Draft profiles for prospective Individual and Foundation donors
• Help maintain, track, and update grants calendar
Database Management and Donor Correspondence:
• Continually update and correct database records. Accurately input all business cards collected by Development department personnel
• Serve as a back-up for check, cash and credit card entries. Entries to be reconciled with Finance
• Draft acknowledgement letters and other correspondence in conjunction with Development team members
• Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
• Help create and maintain a comprehensive filing system for the development department.
Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files
• Responsible for handling administrative details associated with the Development Committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.)
• Prepare media materials for distribution. Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
Requirements• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Some database and administrative experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Writers/English majors