QA Testing Intern For iPhoneFashom
Customer Service ManagerUnited Group Limited
Unity C# Kinect DevelopmentvuPad
Development Intern - Spring 2017The Lupus Foundation of America- DC/MD/VA Chapter
Research and Development FellowAfricAid
Product Development Intern (Beauty)Scentbird
Data EntryWesfarmers Limited
The Internship You Want : Travel, Young Company, PaidLevel, Inc
Development InternBookmark This
Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Inc.
305 7th avenue
New York, NY
Posted: June 12 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSheltering Arms (formerly Episcopal Social Services) strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking an undergraduate or graduate level student for an unpaid part-time internship, to obtain real, hands-on experience in the ever-growing nonprofit sector. You will be working on critical marketing, communications and fundraising projects for a growing and highly respected $80 million social services agency headquartered in Manhattan. We can provide flexible scheduling, substantive job experience and a willingness to work with college programs that provide school credit for interns. This role is an ideal opportunity to add to your resume and build your professional skill set while working for a fast-paced and results-oriented organization that helps over 20,000 New Yorkers in need each year.
Development and Communications Team Overview
Our team fuels the growth and impact of the organization through fundraising, branding, marketing, and volunteer management initiatives. We share a dedication for social change, a strong belief in life-transforming results for our communities; a healthy balance between our personal and professional lives; and an ongoing desire to innovate, improve, and enjoy the journey.
Interest candidates may apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to Darla Pasteur, the VP of Institutional Giving in our Development Department at email@example.com. Please be sure to list the title "Development Intern" in the subject line.
Responsibilities• Conducting preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors
• Researching topics and geographically-based statistics related to community needs and program impacts
• Assisting the preparation of documents for RFP and grant proposal submissions
• Managing financial and relationship records in Raiser's Edge, including preparation of donation acknowledgements
• Supporting various online and mail fundraising appeals; event planning; and volunteer activities
• Other related tasks that may be assigned
Requirements• Minimum Bachelor's Degree candidate; preferably in marketing, communications, public affairs, and/or non-profit or business administration
• Strong research and communication skills, written and verbal
• Demonstrated organizational and project management skills with attention to detail
• Experience with successful written communications in a variety of contexts
• Emotionally mature and sensitive to cultural diversity; ability to rapidly learn, improve, and respond to feedback
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs required; experience with Raiser's Edge and/or similar CRM a plus
• Prior grant writing experience and knowledge of the New York philanthropic community a plus