Development InternCitizens Development Center dba Achieve
Development InternSide by Side Kids
Pablove Development InternPablove Foundation
Web Design & Development InternshipsCreative Visual Productions
QA Testing Intern For iPhoneFashom
Customer Service ManagerUnited Group Limited
Unity C# Kinect DevelopmentvuPad
Development Intern - Spring 2017The Lupus Foundation of America- DC/MD/VA Chapter
Development Internship (Music Nonprofit)Bookmark This
DC Jazz Festival
515 M Street, SE
Posted: August 26 2016
Application Deadline: December 21, 2016
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/16/17 — 07/28/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPosition Title: Development Intern
Reports to: Executive Director
Reporting to the Executive Director and Development Assistant, the Development intern will assist in fundraising and grants research and with all fundraising initiatives. The ideal candidate will bring an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with a talent for handling details. The candidate will have a strong sense of professionalism and a team approach to aid the festival team with a variety of tasks that promote and support the mission and programs of the DC Jazz Festival.
16-week minimum required. Flexible work schedule negotiable. Best candidates will begin mid-January and be available through the festival in June.
Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Applicants must be an undergraduate or graduate student. Interest in pursuing non-profit management as a career is a plus.
The DC Jazz Festival seeks an individual with the capacity to effectively do the following:
• Administrative tasks – including updating the donor database, assisting with mailings, and other tasks as assigned
• Assist with research on arts funding opportunities and event sponsors
• Assist with event preparation and production under the direction of team leaders
• Special projects to support communications, such as social media, drafting newsletter articles, and others to support the execution of a communications calendar
• Serving as a member of the street team in the marketing of the festival including distribution of marketing materials to venue and hotels
Skills and Attributes:
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong research skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
• Excellent comprehension and organizational skills
• High level of professionalism
• Ability to function effectively under stress
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• Respect for confidentiality of all internal records
• A love for music, the arts, and exploring the District of Columbia highly preferred.
Position is unpaid, but available for college credit.
To Be Considered for this Position:
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter by email to Ellen Hoffman at email@example.com.
About the DC Jazz Festival:
The mission of the DC Jazz Festival (DCJF) is to present internationally renowned and emerging artists in celebration of jazz through dynamic programs that advance jazz and music education, unify diverse communities, enable connections between artists and audiences, and enhance economic growth in the District. Beyond an annual signature Festival held in June, reaching more than 75,000 individuals in 2016, the DC Jazz Festival offers year-round educational programming to approximately 5,000 DC children, their care-takers, and teachers each year.