Volunteer InternHope Family Resources
Volunteer InternHouse Of Hope International
Spring Membership and Programs Intern for the National Foundation for Women LegislatorsNational Foundation for Women Legislators
Business Development - Work from Home, School or anywhere in the world! Full/Part-time!Connect With Training
General House Work InternQuantum Integrations
Business Development / Sales InternAtmos energy
Development Intern (Unpaid)The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design
C++ Developer - 2017 Summer InternSabre
Development Internship (Music Nonprofit)Bookmark This
DC Jazz Festival
515 M Street, SE
Posted: August 26 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPosition Title: Development Intern
Reports to: Program and Development Assistant
Reporting to the Program and Development Assistant with oversight from the Associate Director of Institutional Advancement, the Development intern will assist with all fundraising activities and complete special research projects for the department. The ideal candidate will bring an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with a talent for handling details. The candidate will have a strong sense of professionalism and a team approach to aid the development team with a variety of tasks that promote and support the mission and programs of the DC Jazz Festival.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Applicants must be an undergraduate or graduate student. Interest in pursuing non-profit management as a career is a plus.
The DC Jazz Festival seeks an individual with the capacity to effectively do the following:
• Administrative tasks – including updating the donor database, assisting with mailings, and other tasks as assigned
• Assist with research on individual and institutional prospects
• Assist with preparation for and execution of cultivation events
• Special projects to support communications, such as social media, drafting newsletter articles, and others to support the execution of a communications calendar
Skills and Attributes:
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong research skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
• Excellent comprehension and organizational skills
• High level of professionalism
• Ability to function effectively under stress
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• Respect for confidentiality of all internal records
• A love for music, the arts, and exploring the District of Columbia highly preferred.
Position is unpaid, but available for college credit. A travel stipend is provided.
To Be Considered for this Position:
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a résumé, cover letter and brief writing sample (1-3 pages) by email to email@example.com.
About the DC Jazz Festival:
The mission of the DC Jazz Festival (DCJF) is to present internationally renowned and emerging artists in celebration of jazz through dynamic programs that advance jazz and music education, unify diverse communities, enable connections between artists and audiences, and enhance economic growth in the District. Beyond an annual signature Festival held in June, reaching more than 75,000 individuals in 2016, the DC Jazz Festival offers year-round educational programming to approximately 5,000 DC children, their care-takers, and teachers each year.