Product Development InternBack to the Roots
Development Summer InternSide by Side Kids
Senior Project Manger - ConstructionGemini Communication Ltd
QA Testing Intern For AndroidFashom
QA Testing Intern For iPhoneFashom
Grant Writing Intern - Summer 2017Met Council
Usability Analyst InternGreenway Health
Documentation/Demo Data InternGreenway Health
Donor Care InternBookmark This
The Salvation Army National Capital Area
2626 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Posted: June 24 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnder the supervision of the Donor Care Manager, this volunteer will assist The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command with donor care communications, data entry and tracking, and quality assurance testing, as well as general administrative duties. Using a system called Interchange, the volunteer will be trained in to properly log and track donor records as well as contact donors to thank them after a donation. This position will NOT participate in solicitation.
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Minimum: 3 months with 15 hours/week during school year; 30-40 hours/week during the summer. If interning full time for 3+ months, we can provide a metro stipend.
ResponsibilitiesBelow identifies the essential responsibilities of the position, but is not exclusive:
• Contribute to donor care tasks involving donor appreciation initiatives and mailings.
• Update donor database and maintain impeccable records.
• General administrative duties such as copying, filing, mailing, and faxing.
Requirements• Relevant professional experience or academic background in a related field such as marketing, communications, nonprofit management, public relations, etc.
• Computer literate with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple detail-oriented projects.
• Comfortable performing general clerical work including letter writing, filing, faxing, copying, answering phones, responding to emails, etc.
• Ability to project a professional and positive image of The Salvation Army.