Innovative Event Planner for Eco-Conscious Non-ProfitHemp Educate America
Outreach/Fundraising InternThe Police Reform Organizing Project
Deer Valley® Music Festival – Summer Development InternshipUtah Symphony | Utah Opera
Front End DeveloperCreatella
Business Development / Sales InternReliance capital Limited
Strategic Partnerships InternFeeding Children Everywhere
Website Developer InternUB International, LLC
Development InternEsperanca, Inc.
Donor Relations Internship – (unique learning and exposure experience)Bookmark This
The Salvation Army
400 N. Orange Street
Posted: May 13 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Salvation Army
Consider working with The Salvation Army - one of the Top most respected charitable organizations in the world. The Salvation Army intern mentor has a track record of successful placement of interns in the business community.
ResponsibilitiesIdeal applicants should have:
• A strong interest in learning the ins and outs of nonprofit fundraising/development with a focus on the major gifts process
• Experience with Microsoft Office including MS-Publish is desired.
• Comfort in developing drafts of print and web copy based upon input from co-workers.
• Ability to manage a project with minimal supervision
• Assist in coordination & executing of events.
The internship will require office hours at our location
Requirements• The intern will work with and support experienced donor relations and other development staff.
• The intern experience will be customized to meet needs of the intern ensures a valuable experience; including specialized training.
• While we are seeking a full time summer internship we anticipate a min. 16 - 20 hour per week opportunity and can accommodate the needs for intern’s program requirements.
• While the internship is offered as unpaid – approved expenses will be reimbursed.
• Potential for a long term relationship, a successful intern will be considered should staff opportunities become available.
• The qualified intern will have responsibility for assisting staff in the Major Gifts fundraising process
• The intern will have a hand in the development of creating personalized communication strategies for each donor from the ground up.
• The position will include input on developing useful social media and other types of engagement strategies.
• The position may require telephone interaction with current and prospective donors.
• The position will require data entry and the use of Excel spreadsheets.
• The position will require knowledge of Word including the mail merge function - for personalize stakeholder communications
• The position will require learning and executing different methods of donor wealth/capacity research