QA Testing Intern For iPhoneFashom
Customer Service ManagerUnited Group Limited
Unity C# Kinect DevelopmentvuPad
Development Intern - Spring 2017The Lupus Foundation of America- DC/MD/VA Chapter
Research and Development FellowAfricAid
Product Development Intern (Beauty)Scentbird
Data EntryWesfarmers Limited
The Internship You Want : Travel, Young Company, PaidLevel, Inc
Fremont Community CoordinatorBookmark This
The World is Fun
7551 B 15th Avenue NW
Posted: August 09 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe World is Fun (TWIF) is a Seattle based charitable social club that is focused on connecting Seattleites with the non-profits that need their support in a fun and engaging way. Our organization creates group volunteer opportunities, unique fundraising events and engaging ways for communities to connect.
TWIF operates entirely on volunteer power. Each of our volunteer staff members agrees to 8-10 flexible hours per month which makes our events, programs and volunteer core of over 3900 people possible.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Fremont Community Coordinator will serve as our organization’s go to person for all things in the neighborhood. This means that we are looking for someone who is naturally social and wants to know all of the people in their neighborhood and in turn, tell them about TWIF.
• Establish relationships with businesses and people within the neighborhood
• Recruit businesses for our Community Partners Program giving them an easy path to giving back in their community
• Gather donations from the community for our fundraising events
• Consistently evaluate ways that we can better connect and serve the Seattle community
• Work with other TWIF teams to help their projects connect in the community
• Maintain records for reporting
• A desire to know the neighborhood and the people in it
• Comfortability in networking and making introductions
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
• Strong computer skills
• Well organized, detail-oriented and resourceful
This position requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per month for a minimum of one year. We offer a lot of flexibility in when and how you complete those hours and many of the tasks and responsibilities can be done remotely, working online, at a time that is convenient for you. Every staff member is required to attend a monthly team meeting.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run.
Please send your applications to: email@example.com with your application and cover letter.