March of Dimes - Spring InternshipMarch of Dimes
Brand Strategy / Insight AnalystWhoWhatWhy
Business Development/Sales InternBusiness Services
Development Intern (Unpaid)Center for Youth Wellness
Product Development Internship - Spring 2017ITOCHU Prominent USA LCC
Fundraising Assistant-Foreign Relations Breakthrough Project-AKOrganization for International Cooperation
WEB DEVELOPMENT & DESIGN INTERNFarotech
Development CoordinatorArt of Freedom
Fundraising and Development ExpertBookmark This
330 Hudson street
New York, NY
Posted: October 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWhat is GrantPA?
GrantPA is an online platform that connects artists with grants. Our mission is to make the grant seeking and grant application processes easier, faster, and less intimidating for users.
We launched our alpha product at the beginning of August only to acquire more than 1000 users in less than 3 days. We were astounded by the demand. This positive initial reception and the support that we’ve received from artists around the world solidifies our determination to create the easiest, fastest, and most convenient system for finding and applying for grants.
Grantpa has attracted acclaimed artists, successful cultural entrepreneurs, and key players in the industry of Arts and Culture. We are happy to announce the current board of advisors that will support us as we move forward:
Yo-Yo Ma, Silkroad
Alicia Adams, The Kennedy Center for Performing Arts
Homayoon Beigi,Columbia University and Recognition Technologies
Nicolas Chbat, Columbia University and Philips Research North America
Just recently, GrantPA has also been selected for the TED Fall residency program and will be presenting at the TED conference in December 2016!
We are looking for a qualified team of interns to help with the fundraising and taking GrantPA to the next level of development.
Each intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment.
ResponsibilitiesDepending on skills and interests, intern projects will include, but are not limited to:
- Research grants, funding opportunities, and fundraising strategies
- Writing grant proposals
- Handling all relevant correspondence with funders, looping in appropriate staff members when necessary
- Assisting with social media and communications outreach
- Assisting with press outreach and media analysis
- Creating marketing materials
Requirements- Excellent writing, editing, research, and intercommunication skills
- Highly organized, very detail-oriented individuals with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Fearless – not afraid to be a bold and outside the box thinker
- A positive, can-do attitude and a strength at paying attention to detail
- Experience developing original marketing materials
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team
- Flexibility to handle diverse tasks within tight deadlines
- Prior experience with databases, Excel, development work and/or fundraising is a big plus
- Prior development, outreach, and/or fundraising experience and an interest to expand development/ fundraising knowledge is a big plus
If you think you are qualified and excited about GrantPA’s mission in helping the artist community around the world, then please apply! We look forward to meeting you!