Innovative Event Planner for Eco-Conscious Non-ProfitHemp Educate America
Outreach/Fundraising InternThe Police Reform Organizing Project
Deer Valley® Music Festival – Summer Development InternshipUtah Symphony | Utah Opera
Front End DeveloperCreatella
Business Development / Sales InternReliance capital Limited
Strategic Partnerships InternFeeding Children Everywhere
Website Developer InternUB International, LLC
Development InternEsperanca, Inc.
Fundraising and Outreach InternBookmark This
Outward Bound USA
381 Baltic Street
Posted: February 10 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOutward Bound USA is the premier experiential and outdoor education non-profit in the United States. Outward Bound exists today in order to fulfill its mission of changing lives through challenge and discovery. Currently, Outward Bound USA raises more than $3 million each year from individual donors, foundations and corporations to provide operational support at the national level and scholarship support to the Outward Bound network of regional charter schools.
Outward Bound USA seeks a Fundraising and Outreach Intern to assist with the fundraising efforts of the National Development Department, based in New York City. The Fundraising and Outreach Intern will work under the supervision of the Development Coordinator and work closely with the entire Development team on projects and tasks that support the annual fundraising goals and strategies. Current strategies include targeted campaign appeals, special donor cultivation events, maintaining a robust proposal schedule, growing our individual giving program, the creation of engaging donor communications, and the production of a black-tie fundraising event each fall in Manhattan. The Fundraising and Outreach Intern will play an integral role in the execution of these strategies, and learn a great deal about the Development field of the non-profit industry while working collaboratively alongside staff in our communications, finance and creative departments.
• This position is located in our Development office in Brooklyn, NY
• Unlimited monthly Metro-Card provided throughout internship to cover transit expenses
• Internships usually run on a 4 month rotation with flexibility for a longer term if desired
• There will be ongoing supervision and feedback provided, with a final formal evaluation of the experience facilitated by the Development Director
• College credit may be available; determined on a case-by-case basis.
Responsibilities• Prepare and assist with donor communications (i.e. monthly newsletter, quarterly appeals)
• Assist in the maintenance of the Raiser’s Edge database including: inputting relevant donor data and giving history, running reports, and generating acknowledgement letters
• Research potential foundation, corporate and major gifts prospects
• Archive and digitize historic files
• Assist with the planning and execution of special events logistics and outreach
Requirements• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to be an independent learner, think creatively and act as a team player
• Willingness to learn fundraising software and databases
• Overall enthusiasm about the mission of Outward Bound
• Interest in pursuing a career in non-profit development, fundraising or special events
• Love for the outdoors and an interest experiential learning is a plus
SkillsRequired - Communication, Organization & prioritization skills, Humor, Digital Archiving, Clerical Duties
Preferred - Event Management, Fundraising, Appeals, Outdoor Education, Donor Management, Outdoors, Direct Mail Campaigns, Experiential Learning, Experiential Education, Public Outreach, Donor Engagement, Donor Development, Development, Direct Mail Fundraising, Outdoor Adventures, Outdoor Industry, Donor Acquisition, Event Coordination, Email Campaigning