Web Developer JuniorMantis Marketing
Web DeveloperReliance Capital Limited
Training Development InternFound Animals Foundation
UNPAID DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION INTERNSHIPDIGA STUDIOS
Special Events and Membership Work ScholarAperture Foundation
Fundraising and Development InternshipIndiana Wildlife Federation
Entry Level Management PositionDavid Management Group
Java Script DeveloperMashtopatoes
Fundraising InternBookmark This
505 8th Avenue, Suite 110
New York, NY
Posted: August 30 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJumpstart is a national early education organization that recruits and trains college students and community volunteers to work with preschool children in low-income neighborhoods. Through a proven curriculum, these children develop the language and literacy skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path to close the achievement gap before it is too late. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed! Learn more at www.jstart.org.
Jumpstart is looking for an unpaid Development intern for the school year of 2016-2017 (September-December or September-May) with the option of continuing through the summer (May-August). The intern will work closely with the Development team and be supervised by the Associate Director of Development in the New York City office. The intern will work on a variety of different projects and learn about Jumpstart’s fundraising efforts in NY, NJ, PA, and CT. She/he will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of development, as well as learning more about the early childhood education field. In addition, opportunities to sit in on meetings and presentations and/or connect with other staff, schedule dependent, can easily be arranged based on intern's areas of interests.
Schedule is flexible based on criteria of the candidate’s school internship requirements, but intern should be available for at least 10 hours a week. Mid-town office is open M-F between the hours of 9am-6pm.
To apply to this internship, please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume via email with "Development Intern" in the subject line to Liz Trout at email@example.com. In the cover letter, please provide information on your availability to work, including days/times. This is an unpaid position with a commitment from September to December 2016 or September to May 2017 (preferred). College course credit must be gained through internship.
Responsibilities• Prospecting new corporations and foundations for funding
• Following up with possible institutional funders when appropriate
• Compiling background information on prospective and current individual funders
• Creating digital content for social media, potentially managing a page for our junior board
• Updating/creating fundraising and marketing materials
• Assisting with additional projects, administrative tasks, and mailings as needed
• Assisting with production and follow-up efforts of several fundraising and visibility-building events throughout the year (including annual gala, reading campaign, cocktail parties, breakfast roundtables, community events, etc.)
• Researching and soliciting small businesses for potential donations/partnerships
Requirements• B.S./B.A. in progress
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
• Adept at using Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
• Fluent in social media terms and strategies preferred
• Work well independently as well as part of a team
• Have a good work ethic and require minimal direction
• Have a strong interest in nonprofit work and/or Jumpstart’s mission