Web Development SpecialistOutings & Adventures
Music Business Development InternElixir Tune
Development InternMove to Amend
Marketing and Fundraising InternshipBURN Design Lab
Development Intern, Western RegionSpecial Olympics New York Inc.
Project ManagerJ&R Marketing
Internship Services SpecialistMEDA AB.
HR Strategy & FT Specialist Requisition ID: 101HQ217MEDA AB.
Major Gifts InternBookmark This
The Salvation Army National Capital Area
2626 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Posted: July 22 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnder direct management of the Major Gifts Manager, this intern will support the activities of The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command in deepening its major donor relationships, especially in The William Booth Society (WBS). Booth Society Members give $5,000 or more annually to support The Salvation Army as it provides, without discrimination, comprehensive social services and spiritual support to families and individuals in need in the National Capital Area. This position is perfect for an individual who has a strong interest in philanthropy and the non-profit sector and who wants to utilize his/her administrative and programmatic skills to positively impact the community.
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Minimum: 3 months with 15 hours/week during school year; 30-40 hours/week during the summer. If interning full time for 3+ months, we can provide a metro stipend.
ResponsibilitiesAssignments may include but not be limited to the following:
• Perform administrative duties such as: filing, donor list preparation, verification and updating of donor information, and assisting in preparing correspondence and mailings
• Monitor select websites and publications for donor related information
• Assist in preparations for visits and presentations with individuals and family foundations
• Assist in managing major donor events and attend events if schedule allows
• Write content for various formats (letters, emails, blogs, fact sheets, tweets) depending on skills and experience
Requirements• Enthusiasm for The Salvation Army’s mission and the families we serve, and an open and friendly spirit.
• An interest in non-profit development or philanthropy.
• Proficiency in software applications such as Excel and Word. Advanced Excel skills and database experience is a plus.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Experience in or willingness to learn about major giving within the development and philanthropy professions.
• Relevant professional experience or academic background in a related field such as marketing, communications, nonprofit management, public relations.