Social Media & Community Management InternLife On Top
Volunteer InternHope Family Resources
Volunteer InternHouse Of Hope International
Spring Membership and Programs Intern for the National Foundation for Women LegislatorsNational Foundation for Women Legislators
Business Development - Work from Home, School or anywhere in the world! Full/Part-time!Connect With Training
General House Work InternQuantum Integrations
Business Development / Sales InternAtmos energy
Development Intern (Unpaid)The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design
Marketing and Development InternBookmark This
Habitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester
11 Distributor Road
Posted: July 15 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHabitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have asimple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action for all.
The marketing and development intern will be working closely with the Director of Development in the areas of marketing, events and development. Input and help will always be provided.
ResponsibilitiesSome of the typical duties will include:
• Help with posting/composing for social media, and suggest ways to broaden our audience base.
• Research Internet and many other sources for publicity, new sponsors, entertainment, and appearances at events. Post events on-line at appropriate sites. Look for new sources to get volunteers and donors.
• Design and print signs to be used at events; assist in creating promotional pieces
• Help inventory event supplies
• Attend events if working during that time frame.
• Help with researching foundations and companies for corporate support.
• Print flyers and other documents in support of marketing and development
• Familiarity with Word, Excel, Publisher (Publisher is not as critical, and can be learned on the job, if necessary).
• Present Habitat for Humanity in a professional manner to donors, volunteers, and sponsors with the goal of retaining their support.