Project ManagerJ&R Marketing
Internship Services SpecialistMEDA AB.
HR Strategy & FT Specialist Requisition ID: 101HQ217MEDA AB.
Funding and Resource Development VolunteerArt of Freedom
Brand ManagerRekless Creations LLC
Business Development InternLexacount Search
Web Development intern (remote)LPB Media
Training and Development InternCrystal Clear Digital Marketing
Marketing and Development InternshipBookmark This
Days End Farm Horse Rescue
1372 Woodbine Rd.
Posted: June 02 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Marketing and Development Internship program is a project-based internship to provide insight into non-profit development (event planning, fundraising, social media, and marketing). The Development Intern assists in daily activities to support the role and function of the DEFHR Development Director directly and with general activities of the Development Department as determined by the Development Director. If seeking academic credit, the intern will be responsible for obtaining and meeting their specific program requirements. With advanced notice, the agency will provide the necessary documentation needed to obtain credits.
• Skills Acquisition: Improving communication skills with businesses and other organizations through project-based communication.
• Professional: Cultivate organization and planning skills, professional interpersonal skills, and multi-tasking in a business setting while working with others.
• Broader Knowledge: Gain insight into the operations of a non-profit organization through daily interactions with staff, volunteers and donors.
• Career Field Awareness: Learn about marketing, event planning and fundraising in a non-profit environment.
Stipend: $100 per week
Minimum 20 week commitment (one-weekend day required)
3-month (12 weeks) commitment
Please visit, http://www.defhr.org/learn/internships/available-internships/development-internship/ for more information and to download the application.
• Assist with the organization, planning, and execution of events
• Collect information to support the Development Office needs
• Assist with procurement of items for fundraising events
• Creation of promotional materials
• Assist with research for obtaining grants to benefit the organization
• Maintain cleanliness of intern office
• Assist with organizing program documents
• Assist with special projects to include; research, data entry, and reporting
• Assist in the creation and execution of plans that communicate key initiatives and messages across multiple platforms; moderate and drive community conversations
• Receive donors in office setting
• Post and update agency event notices (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Assist with all other related, assigned tasks
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must be professional and be willing to sign confidentiality agreement
• High degree of organizational skills and problem-solving ability
• Ability to work as a self-starter
• High level of attention to detail
• Be a creative self-motivated, team player
• Superior written and verbal skills along with computer proficiency
• Flexibility with changes in task and priorities and use sound judgment
• Able to multitask and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
• Possess time, organization, stress management skills
• Experienced with MS Office
• Demonstrates strong work ethic and moral standards
• Desire to learn and grow professionally in the field of non-profits
• Commit to working set office hours
• Passion for DEFHR’s Mission
SkillsRequired - Social Media, Attention To Detail, Able To Multi-task, Enthusiastic self-starter, MS Office tools, Manage Complex Projects, Excellent organizational skills
Preferred - Event Planning, Fundraising, Advertising, Development Of Promotional Materials